Historic Birmingham Mineral Railroad Signs Project -- The BMRR Past and Present
✦ HISTORIC DEPOTS (TRAIN STATIONS)
L&N Union Station – Corner of 20th Street North and Morris Avenue Source: Bhamwiki
L&N Union Station – 1898 – Soldiers Deploying to Spanish-American War Source: Bhamwiki
Birmingham L&N Union Station 1930 — Was used by BMRR for its passenger service. Station platform was elevated to current location when tracks were raised as part of grade separation project. Roof structure and platform continue in use today as the Amtrak platform. Source: BhamRails John Stewart
Present-day Amtrak using same platform structure as in 1930.
Woodlawn Depot as it appeared in 1996. Source: Lyle Key
Woodlawn Depot as it appears today.
BMRR Bessemer L&N Passenger and Freight Depots Source: Bessemer Hall of History
Oneonta Depot re-purposed as a present-day meeting facility and offices.
Tuscaloosa passenger depot built in 1912 and restored by owners Bill and Bebe Lloyd. Shown with Bill Lloyd.
Tuscaloosa passenger depot re-purposed as a present-day restaurant.
1872 Helena Freight House and Depot re-purposed as present-day restaurant.
One of two depots in Helena. This one was built in 1908. BMRR tracks are the ones on the left (closest to the building). Source: Ken Penhale
First Altoona, Alabama, depot — May 1902.
Altoona, Alabama, depot as it appeared in the 1960s. Source: Ryan Cole